It’s an environmentally friendly, no-fuss, no-mess option for planting your placenta.
Every pack includes the biodegradable corn starch bags, a recycled cardboard capsule, a convenient carry bag, a copper tree tag and a child's keepsake book.
International orders take 7 - 10 working days but due to Covid-19 this can take longer
Within New Zealand 2-3 working days
Our product is available here on our website, or at these NZ stores:
- Belly Beyond www.bellybeyond.co.nz
- Bella Mama Pregnancy Spa www.bellamama.co.nz
- Mama Maternity Services 1 Taylors Road, St Lukes, Auckland, Ph: 09 815 810
Yes they are sold separately.
- Tell your lead maternity carer you wish to keep your placenta
- Take your Birth to Earth kit with you to your place of birth
- Your lead maternity carer will pack your placenta into one of the corn starch bags and tie the top of it into a knot.
- This is then placed into the second corn starch bag which is also tied at the top into a knot.
- Place the double bagged placenta into the card board capsule and fold down the ends.
- Carry home the capsule in the convenient carry bag.
- Within 12 hours plant the capsule directly into the ground or store in your freezer for planting at a later date.
Current options are mainly plastic and require defrosting and removing the placenta from the bag before planting.
We recommend that you put the pack into ground or the freezer within 24 hours of babies birth. After that time the bags begin to breakdown and may leak.
It won't start breaking down until it is in an environment that is warm, wet and where microorganisms are present.
Once planted, 6-8 weeks in ideal conditions
If you are having identical twins who share one placenta, then no. If you are having fraternal twins who each have their own placenta, then yes.
Click here to find out bout choosing the right tree and tips for planting
If you have a specific question that isn’t answered here, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.